Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Twitter to Connect

As most of you know I love Twitter.  It is my go to source for PD, resources, reflection and help.  So when I got this DM (direct message)
I thought it was spam!  So I asked...
Turns out it was legit and the planning document for a birthday present for Alec Couros. @courosa

I joined Twitter in November 2007 but didn't do much with it until I heard Alec keynote in 2009 at the Distributed Learning Symposium and Moodle Moot.  During those conferences I saw the power of the back channel.    I started Twitter by following my family but it was Alec who helped open my eyes to the true power of twitter to connect with other educators to share and collaborate.

So, I recorded my small part, with help of my kids, and this was the final product. 




Dean worked his magic to make the whole things come together, and he nicely explains how he did it here.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to start the day. I can just imagine the smile it put on Alex's face when he saw it. i've never met Alex but I do follow him, in fact I think he was one of the first people I followed. His thoughts on education are insightful, provocative and always worth reading. I hope he had a fabulous 40th birthday.
    Great video to show the power of Twitter. I constantly have Twitter on my computer at school and although I don't always follow it as often as I like, a day doesn't go by where I don't learn something new from my PLN or help someone else out with a question. Twitter has been the best professional development I've done in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete