Information and Education Technology
1. Helpdesk https://helpdesk.pwsd76.ab.ca/
Open a ticket for tech support.
2. Webmail https://webmail.pwsd76.ab.ca/
Best way to access your email remotely. Use http://tinyurl.com/pwsdphone to help set up your PWSD email on your phone.
3. Sharepoint https://sharepoint.pwsd76.ab.ca/
PWSD’s document management system.
4. E-Community http://ecommunity.pwsd76.ab.ca/
Student Moodle site: this is where you can house all your course information for students to access digitally. Open a helpdesk ticket to get your course(s) created. (Lurk and borrow ideas from course that are already posted!)
5. Collaboration http://collaboration.pwsd76.ab.ca/
Teacher Moodle site: this collaborative site houses AISI and PLC projects. Visit to find and contribute lesson ideas and resources.
6. PowerSchool https://sis.pwsd76.ab.ca/teachers
Access teacher PowerSchool.
Software for home use
1. Microsoft Office Home Use Agreement http://tinyurl.com/pwsdoffice
2. Virus Software & SMART Notebook http://tinyurl.com/pwsdsoftware
Resources for Lessons
1. Video Streaming: PWSD has licences for 3 different sites. They allow you to download the videos legally to use them in class. You will need to go to each site and create a username. Get your passcode from your school.
Link to the presentation on streaming with how to’s and pros and cons of each site. http://tinyurl.com/pwsdstreaming
2. Smartboard Lessons http://exchange.smarttech.com/#tab=0
There are lots of places on the internet to find Notebook lessons but this is one of the best!
3. Learn Alberta http://www.learnalberta.ca/
Curriculum specific resources (videos, lesson plans, interactives and entire online courses) Once you have logged in, using the information below, create your own teacher login (you will need your teaching certificate number) which will allow you access to teacher only resources.
4. 2Learn http://www.2learn.ca/
Another great Alberta curriculum specific resource, check out…copyright friendly image search, Enjoy pages for theme resources, parent page, digital citizenship information and more!
1. NRLC http://nrlc.net/
Local PD sessions, online and F2F
2. Read Blogs
3. Join Communities
4. Participate in Twitter http://twitter.com/
#pwsd for all things PWSD
#edchat Tuesdays at 10am and 5pm for organized chat
#sschat, #daily5, #mathchat, almost every subject and grade to connect with other educators!