Here are the top 5 that I want to share:
1) Google Advanced Search - you will never look at searching the same way again. The tiny button at the end of the google search window "Advanced Search" gives you all of these options!
I love and will frequently use
- Unwanted words - want the Taj Mahal but not in Vegas?
- File Type - only want PowerPoint, only get them!
- Usage rights - make sure you can get images or files you can legally use
2) Google Squared - a great way to organize information. You can add and delelte information from your square as well as export it to a spreadsheet to work on yourself.
3) Adding and annotating a Drawing - I always thought adding arrows and text to a image in a Google Presentation or Document was a pain. This makes it super simple.
- Insert -- Drawing
- Add Image -- by URL, so it must be somewhere online
- Add Text, arrows etc and then save and close to insert into your Google Doc
4) Language - again right at the end of the google search box is language tools. An excellent way to translate anything!
- A search
- Type in Text
- Translate a Webpage (Check out this page in Russian)
- Change your default language
- Google Image Swirl - nifty little image visualizer
- Google Body - you will need to install Google Chrome to see this 3D view of the human body
- Google Art Project - take a virtual tour of a museum
- Let me Google that for you! - do you have that person that is always asking you a question that you can easily google the answer. You have to try this...see an example here!
- Google Search Story - I think this would make a fabulous assignment. What would a character in a story or historical figure google?