Saturday, May 21, 2011

Spider Scribe

I saw a tweet today

Which took me to



I am always on the lookout for a good mindmapping tool.  My go to tool has always been Bubblus but their last update has me less than impressed and looking for a replacement. (See some student bubblus mindmaps here)

Back to SpiderScribe, this one caught my attention because you can add text, word documents, images, event dates and maps.  You have lots of options for colour and text width and size and then you make the connections between the items as you see fit

http://www.spiderscribe.net/app/?b03mpuGMmx7zA

The sharing feature allows you to keep your mind map private, share by email address or have it open to the public which is what I did above.

The tool does require an email address to sign up for an account and the tool is still in BETA, which could be good or bad.  Good because they will add new features and updates.  Bad because it may go away or cease to be free, in their terms of service they talk about charging.

You can see more written about this tool at Free Technology for Teachers or check out my bookmarks for mindmapping or graphic organizers that may work better for what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment